Site Meter

Paul's Thinking Place

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Son of God

I am currently reading through Galatians.  I read Galatians 3 & 4 this morning.  What struck me afresh this morning was that I am a son of God.  I'm not just a son of God, but I have THE Son of God - Jesus Christ - living in me.  In fact, in another place, Paul says, "It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives through me.  The life I live I live by faith in the Son of God."

What struck me this time was that I can call God the Father my "Daddy" not because I am simply His child now, adopted into His family, but because I have put on His Son.  When He sees me, He see His Son, and therefore, in some mysterious way, I may call Him my Daddy.  Yet, not I, but Christ in me.  It's amazing.  It's a tremendous gift.

Then, to add to that knowledge, last night I was reading J. Oswald Sanders' book, "Spiritual Discipleship."  Sanders brings out the point that God is completely sovereign, yet He is also completely our Daddy.  Somehow He is able to be both these things - our Lord and Daddy - at the same time, without lessening either.  It's a great mystery, but an amazing blessing at the same time.

These are some random thoughts I'm having as I read His Word, and they all point me back to praising Him.  If they don't for the reader, that's okay, but I will praise Him all the more because He's my Daddy, my Lord, and my friend.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home