A Bit Busy
I have been absent from my blog of late. It's been a bit chaotic here. Last weekend was the Pacific Northwest Teen Square Dance Competition, and Shari and I had our two oldest in it. Then, after three long nights of little sleep (good times, but little sleep), Monday night we were part of a worship vigil (over the phone) as Shari's step-dad died. This had been expected for some time, but it was still heart-breaking. Tuesday was spent making arrangements to get Shari back to Illinois, then getting her to Seattle so she could take an early morning flight on Wed. It's now Thursday, and I'm still recovering from late nights and early mornings. I'm not complaining, though. God's hand has been seen amidst all the pain and hardship in a variety of ways. For that, Shari and I are thankful.
We're also thankful to our church family and our family members who have stepped up to do things like care for our kids while I'm at work. We've got a couple of pizzas in the fridge for dinner. We've had people call or write their condolences. It's been very encouraging.
So, that's what is happening in the Loeffler household. I'll try and write more about life soon. I recently listened to some great podcasts by Andy Stanley, and I have some thoughts on leading a GRACE Group through texting that I want to untangle. I'll be back. In the meantime, if the reader is at all interested in our family, I encourage you to go to YouTube and do a search for PNTSDC 2014, and watch some of the videos on there. I'm sure you'll be able to find my oldest doing his first-prize singing call in their somewhere, or maybe the second prize for novice square dance teams that my number 2 son was on. Yes, I am a proud daddy.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
We're also thankful to our church family and our family members who have stepped up to do things like care for our kids while I'm at work. We've got a couple of pizzas in the fridge for dinner. We've had people call or write their condolences. It's been very encouraging.
So, that's what is happening in the Loeffler household. I'll try and write more about life soon. I recently listened to some great podcasts by Andy Stanley, and I have some thoughts on leading a GRACE Group through texting that I want to untangle. I'll be back. In the meantime, if the reader is at all interested in our family, I encourage you to go to YouTube and do a search for PNTSDC 2014, and watch some of the videos on there. I'm sure you'll be able to find my oldest doing his first-prize singing call in their somewhere, or maybe the second prize for novice square dance teams that my number 2 son was on. Yes, I am a proud daddy.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home