Site Meter

Paul's Thinking Place

Saturday, December 01, 2012

In the meantime...

Some quotes from a Christmas devotional we're doing with the boys for Advent.

"God does His greatest work when we are in the “meantime.” The meantime is the gap between where we are and where we are supposed to be."


"If you are not where you know you’re supposed to be, you’re in the meantime. Embrace this season. God is using it to shape your character. He’s using it to make you stronger, holier, healthier, and more useful for His cause. You can’t speed up the meantime. It will last as long as God determines, but on the other side of it the highlights will be awesome. Endure this season, embrace God’s work and one day, after you’ve finished your life’s work, the people at your funeral will talk about the great highlights that were all the result of your meantime"


From "Christmas Reboot" by Alan Danielson

What is God wanting to shape in me right now? In what ways am I fighting that shaping. How can I, the clay, argue with the potter? No Way! I've got to submit to that shaping. I know of a few ways He's shaping me. I'm learning to submit to those ways. I know He's creating a beautiful pot out of me. I'm just struggling to see it from my perspective... which is in the midst of the shaping process. I've got to let the potter have complete control and not fight His shaping process.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:S Wallace St,Moses Lake,United States

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home