Site Meter

Paul's Thinking Place

Sunday, August 05, 2012

Vacation Day 2

I am currently on vacation. I'm enjoying turning off and tuning out (though I did think for a short time about whether things went smoothly at church today). Yesterday we had a campfire in the back yard with friends from the neighborhood. It was great to get to know them apart from being the parents of our kids' friend. It was also fun just to sit around a portable campfire and enjoy the smells and sounds of camping w/o having to leave our back yard.

Today we enjoyed worshiping at Moses Lake Pres. I so much enjoy worshiping at other churches on occasion. I enjoy experiencing other expressions of worship. I enjoy hearing a different voice from God. It was a bummer that their children's program wasn't operating in August, but it was a small discomfort. I told Shari afterwards that if God ever called me to the senior pastorate, I would make it a priority to a)make sure the people (and I) heard other voices besides mine from the pulpit at least once a month, and b)to visit another church myself at least once a semester, if not once a quarter, in order to experience other voices, as well as glean new ideas for how we can do church better, or at least different so we don't get stuck in ruts for no reason.

After church I played a game of Khet 2 (better known in our family as Laser Chess) with my #2 son. I've beaten him twice out of probably 15-20 games, and one of those was his first time playing. Today I didn't fair any better. I just don't think that way. He beat me three times. I never even got close, and only once saw it coming... sort of. I'm proud of him for the way he thinks, but it sure is annoying to get beat so often by a kid who's almost three decades younger than me.

I'm enjoying my vacation. I'm looking forward to the rest of the day, and the next three days after that.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home