Something New
I'm trying something new. I've loaded BlogPress onto my Ipad. Hopefully this will encourage me to post as I'm sitting after my prayer time (or even during), or maybe right before I go to be. I'm tot real good at posting from my computer, at work or at home. Our laptop is getting old, and I simply haven't been using it. So, hopefully, since I often have my Ipad with me as I go to bed (Words With Friends, FB, or simply listening to music), I will post more often. Maybe not. Posting, for me, is still one of those mood things. I have to be in the mood, have something to write, have something to write on, and have time - all at the same time - before I actually make it happen. That just doesn't happen as often as I'd like.
Today I took the day off. It didn't go as I would like, starting with my own lack of discipline at what time I got out of bed. However, whether it was my decisions, or others', the reality is that life happens, and my goal is not to blame others for my lack of joy, but to choose to find joy in what God's doing. So one of the things that brought me joy today was spending time with Matthew and Benjamin. Each of them built something today. Matthew used his tools - that he bought with his own money - and built a bike ramp out of some old lumber I had. No more waiting for dad to be in the mood to break out the car ramps for them to use. Now, where to store a 10 foot bike ramp. Then Benjamin made a doll-sized chair out of some building toys he has. Finally he and Matthew and I got to play some catch before Shari got back with Mark.
Mark came back from a dr. appt. to look again at his ankle. We're pretty sure we have the correct diagnosis this time. Mark came in and said, "Well, the good news is it isn't sprained anymore. It's broken." Yep, just above the growth plate. He's got a soft cast on now, and Dr. Hemmerling's anticipating putting a walking cast on in a week after the swelling goes down. We're thankful for such a great, patient doctor who works hard to get things right, even if it means admitting he doesn't know (but will research and find out).
This evening I anticipate reading some more Sherlock Holmes to Mark, and helping Michael prepare for his Chamber Choir tryouts tomorrow afternoon. This is his first callback (he didn't get one last year), and he's pretty excited. I'm very proud of how well he's improved.
So, my day off has not turned out to be a day of rest and soul refreshment, but it's been productive, and I've got to see what God's done in giving me that time with my boys. Last Friday I watched Courageous, and I don't want to get to the point that dad did in how I pay attention to my boys... while still taking time to care for my soul, somehow, sometime, somewhere away from home. At least I didn't get called into work... except for I've written all of this in Pastor Doug's office away from his office. We're ignoring each other. :)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Today I took the day off. It didn't go as I would like, starting with my own lack of discipline at what time I got out of bed. However, whether it was my decisions, or others', the reality is that life happens, and my goal is not to blame others for my lack of joy, but to choose to find joy in what God's doing. So one of the things that brought me joy today was spending time with Matthew and Benjamin. Each of them built something today. Matthew used his tools - that he bought with his own money - and built a bike ramp out of some old lumber I had. No more waiting for dad to be in the mood to break out the car ramps for them to use. Now, where to store a 10 foot bike ramp. Then Benjamin made a doll-sized chair out of some building toys he has. Finally he and Matthew and I got to play some catch before Shari got back with Mark.
Mark came back from a dr. appt. to look again at his ankle. We're pretty sure we have the correct diagnosis this time. Mark came in and said, "Well, the good news is it isn't sprained anymore. It's broken." Yep, just above the growth plate. He's got a soft cast on now, and Dr. Hemmerling's anticipating putting a walking cast on in a week after the swelling goes down. We're thankful for such a great, patient doctor who works hard to get things right, even if it means admitting he doesn't know (but will research and find out).
This evening I anticipate reading some more Sherlock Holmes to Mark, and helping Michael prepare for his Chamber Choir tryouts tomorrow afternoon. This is his first callback (he didn't get one last year), and he's pretty excited. I'm very proud of how well he's improved.
So, my day off has not turned out to be a day of rest and soul refreshment, but it's been productive, and I've got to see what God's done in giving me that time with my boys. Last Friday I watched Courageous, and I don't want to get to the point that dad did in how I pay attention to my boys... while still taking time to care for my soul, somehow, sometime, somewhere away from home. At least I didn't get called into work... except for I've written all of this in Pastor Doug's office away from his office. We're ignoring each other. :)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Location:Starbucks by WalMart
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home