Putting the Secret to Work
"I will follow you Lord; but first let me go back and say goodbye to my family.
No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the Kingdom of God." Luke 9:61-62
"Keep me from turning back!
My hand is on the plow,
My faltering hand.
The wilderness and solitary place,
The lonely desert with its interspace,
Keep me from turning back.
The handles of my plow
With tears are wet,
The shares with rust are spoiled,
And yet, and yet,
My God, my God,
Keep me from turning back."
~ Anonymous, from Spiritual Leaders by Oswald Chambers
Lord, as I'm learning to be content with the home you've given me, while still praying for a home of our own, please help me to learn to be content with othere areas of my life, while continuing to pray for life to become where my heart desires for it to be, and where I believe you've called me to be. I want to be content, not looking for greener grass, while still striving for better.
Contentment seems to be a theme God's working on in my life right now. Hmmm...
"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." ~ Phil. 4:13
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home