Site Meter

Paul's Thinking Place

Monday, April 12, 2010

What do I value?

I've probably heard 20-25 messages so far this year, what with a retreat, church services, podcasts, etc. In fact, with pod casts, probably considerably more than that, but I'm not sure SYM Podcasts are messages... but you get the idea. So, if I say that a message is the best one I've heard all year, I'm not just speaking lightly. By "best one" I mean it has been the most convicting and challenging, not to mention delivered well, authentic, and relevant.

Pastor Rhonda delivered this message the Sunday before Easter. It's less than an hour, but it's a regular Sunday message, so download it onto something you can use to listen while you work, drive, etc., but don't be doing something where you can't give your undivided attention to it. It's powerful.

Note: For my more conservative readers, please don't discount what Pastor Rhonda has to say simply because she's a woman. God said some pretty profound stuff through her, and it's worth the listen.

Please open your Bibles to Acts 8 and Luke 5. Here's a little bit to wet your appetite.
"We must not get focused on blessings. Never! Even things that look good. Even things of God. Even tremendous healings and ministries and paralytics being healed and demonized people being set free. We cannot ever focus on the blessings. We have to really believe that we're hearing God's voice and follow His voice down that desert road. I think too many times my eyes see the blessings, and I think, 'This is what God's doing,' instead of hearing what God is saying for us to do."

I want to follow God, not His blessings. Lord, please help me to follow you, even when it means going down a desert road or giving up the blessings you've given, even good blessings.
"Every blessing you pour out
I'll turn back to praise."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home