Site Meter

Paul's Thinking Place

Friday, February 19, 2010

More thoughts on Isa. 50:10

"Who among you fears the LORD
and obeys the voice of his servant?
Let him who walks in darkness
and has no light
trust in the name of the LORD
and rely on his God."


I mentioned this verse on Monday and Tuesday when I talked about what God had spoken to Shari and I, especially to me through Isaiah. One of the things God spoke to me about this was Who I am trusting in. I've specifically italicized "trust in the name of the Lord" because God wanted to point something out to me... and maybe the reader. What does it mean to trust in God's name? Well, in Hebrew culture, a name was a part of who you were/are. Therefore, it was a big deal when God changed Abram's name to Abraham. Did you know that Solomon was named by David, but God (through Nathan) named him Jedidiah? Look at all of Hosea's kids' names. A name was a big deal. So, when we trust in God's name, we're trusting in who He is.

Knowing that, God reminded me of some of His names, and why I can trust Him with so much.
* "Jehovah-Jireh" - The Lord will Provide (Gen. 22:12-14)
* "Jehovah-Rapha" - The Lord your Healer (Ex. 15:26)
* "Jehovah-Shalom" - The Lord is Peace (Judges 6:24)
* "Wonderful, Counselor" - (Isaiah 9:6)

He continues to be all these things to Shari and I, and more. We know we can trust Him because we can trust His names - Who He is.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home