Youth Ministry - as parent and pastor
Discipleship by the Math - Great article on discipleship.
As a youth pastor - This is my theology, philosophy, and strong belief of how it should be. I want to help parents do this rather than have them expect it to be my job to do it for them.
As a parent - It's not easy, and I need to work hard just to get that 1 hour a day in, even as a home schooling parent. Of course, I'm equating discipleship with more than book learning, but learning a Biblical life by discipling like Jesus did - life on life mentoring, talking about issues as they come up, before they come up, and after they come up.
Oh, how much more understanding I have now that I have four boys, with one in jr. high.
As a youth pastor - This is my theology, philosophy, and strong belief of how it should be. I want to help parents do this rather than have them expect it to be my job to do it for them.
As a parent - It's not easy, and I need to work hard just to get that 1 hour a day in, even as a home schooling parent. Of course, I'm equating discipleship with more than book learning, but learning a Biblical life by discipling like Jesus did - life on life mentoring, talking about issues as they come up, before they come up, and after they come up.
Oh, how much more understanding I have now that I have four boys, with one in jr. high.
Labels: Family, Mentoring, Op/Ed, Parenting, Youth Ministry
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home