Site Meter

Paul's Thinking Place

Friday, September 11, 2009

Things God caught my heart with



I finished Sanders' book, "Spiritual Leadership" a couple of days ago. I checked another J. Oswald Sanders book out from the library - "Prayer Power Unlimited" - and I've started reading through it now during my time with God. Here are some quotes God spoke to me through.

"Worship is the adoring contemplation of God as He has revealed Himself in Christ and in the Scriptures. It is the act of paying honor and reverence to God... Worship flows from love, and where there is little love, there will be little worship... We can and should worship God in gratitude for what He has done for us, but our worship reaches a higher level when we adore Him simply for what He is, for the perfection and excellence of His own being."


Later, as I was reading I Chronicles, God spoke to me through 28:9-21. From there, He said to me,

"Be strong and courageous in your obedience to what I have called you to do. Don't worry, but obey, and I will never leave you until all your work is finished that I have called you to."

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home