Site Meter

Paul's Thinking Place

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Prolific Reading

I finished "If You Do This" and "Deep Ministry in a Shallow World," and now I'm on to, "The Speed of Trust" by Stephen M. R. Covey and, "Spiritual Leadership" by J. Oswald Sanders. I am gleaning some great lessons from the former book, things I should have put into practice and/or realized when we first moved to Lolo. I can only pray that I'll do better at building trust wherever we end up next.

A few days ago, I was praying and reading Sanders' book, and God spoke to me through this.

"... Shepherd the flock of God that is among you... willingly, as God would have you." I Peter 5:2


"Peter says to the leaders, 'Shepherd your people like God.' Just as Israel is God's special allotment, the people we have to serve in the church, or anywhere else, are our special allotment; and our whole attitude to them must be the attitude of God; we must shepherd them like God." William Barclay, as quoted by J. Oswald Sanders in "Spiritual Leadership."


God has called me, first and foremost, as the priest of my home, to shepherd my wife and kids. They are His, but I'm called to shepherd them and care for them as God would. I can't ignore that. I must keep that at the forefront of my mind, no matter what I'm doing with my life to provide for them financially.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home