Site Meter

Paul's Thinking Place

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Out of the bag...

Other than a few people who weren't at church (and who don't read this blog), this news became public today, so I can share it here, too. Effective July 5, Shari and I will no longer be the youth pastors at Lolo Community Church. It's been hard to let people know. You want to tell some people personally, and sometimes you can't. Some people didn't stay for the whole service, so I need to tell them personally anyway. Then there have been the responses. As we expected, some people have been truly saddened by the news, while others seem to take it in stride. So far there's really only been one couple that have surprised us, and it was a pleasant one. Honestly, I think there are some who are going to be genuinely thankful when we go. Only a couple, but I think they're there. I could be wrong. I am genuinely sad to be leaving, especially the kids. We have been watching God take some of these kids and draw them into a deeper walk, a more connected walk with God. My prayer has been that they would learn how to worship Him in spirit and in truth, and I believe God is moving them that way, or at least some of them. I pray that God will continue to do so.

Shari and I spent a date night some months ago prayerfully deciding what we value in a church, in church leadership (whether we're part of that leadership or not), and in youth ministry. Over the next few days, I'll post those things. In the meantime, Shari and I will continue to ask God to direct us to the next church, or to the next place we'll be living. We're open to stepping out of ministry for a season, but I don't think that's what God's calling us to. So we're waiting. Your prayers are much appreciated.

I've got jail ministry this afternoon, and have got to take the boys to some friends' house before that. I'll try and get back up and running later today or tomorrow.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home