Not a Teenager Anymore
This past weekend we celebrated Valentine's Day with both jr. and sr. high youth groups. With the jr. high there was punch, candy, and other food my brain can't remember. Friday night with the high schoolers there was more punch, over five dozen cupcakes - with lots of frosting due to a game we used them in - more candy, pizza, chicken wings, and these cracker-snack things that were delicious. Of course, Saturday was Valentine's Day itself, and Shari made us a cherry pie, which I wisely only ate one slice of. Sunday morning I was the epitome of self control, only eating one maple bar during the fellowship time. Last night we took the jr. high and high school guys to the City Life Ctr. and played reball for a couple of hours (that's paintball with rubber balls instead of paintballs on an indoor course). I had two pepsis, at least 3 of those personal bags of chips, and a few donuts. In short, over the last four days, I have eaten more junk food (and very little protein) then I normally eat in a month, with very little exercise, and I think my body's starting to complain. I do not remember how I did this when I was 16, but I certainly cannot do it anymore. But the food is soooo good. Ohhh, my poor little stomach. Today I will endeavor to behave myself and eat healthy again.
Labels: Humor, Personal, Youth Ministry
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home