Winter Retreat 2009
It's 11:20 PM. I'm listening to loud, obnoxious music and enjoying it. I'm with 13 students and 3 college students from Montana Wilderness School of the Bible (along with my staff). The students haven't even started slowing down yet. It's going great. Right now they're busy endeavoring to build workable sleds out of cardboard. It's amazing what they come up with when given just a few basic tools (cardboard, duct tape, scissors, and some plastic) and their imaginations. The group in front of me is working on what looks more like a small convertible w/o wheels or an undercarriage. There's a windshield, tail fin, and lots of space for the team. I'm not sure what the other team's doing, but it has something to do with a duck, and lots of plastic underneath. The speaker's already gone to bed. He's old enough to have been my youth pastor, so we give him grace. He did an excellent job of introducing the Power of God by focusing on His greatness. I'm looking forward to seeing how he connects the dots. I'm also looking forward to listening to the female staff talk about their discussion time. We didn't have much, as we only have one Christian young man for the guys. Still, God will do wonders here. I'm praying. We're praying.
Finally, I'm looking forward to getting... ohhhh, how about 4 hours of sleep tonight. I'm hoping, anyway.
Finally, I'm looking forward to getting... ohhhh, how about 4 hours of sleep tonight. I'm hoping, anyway.
Labels: High School Ministry, Youth Ministry
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home