Site Meter

Paul's Thinking Place

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Shari's morning adventures

For the past month Shari's been developing that wonderful pain in her upper-right abdomen area, just below her ribs. In short, the symptoms fit well with gall-bladder problems. Unfortunately, she doesn't have one anymore. So this morning Shari and I left the house and boys in Judy's fantastic care at 7:15 am for the hospital. At approximately 8:30 am, Shari was put to sleep and received an upper endoscopy. I'm currently sitting in the hospital next to her bed in post-op. She's sleeping soundly. The procedure isn't that big of deal (5-10 min.), but Shari reacts very well to light doses of anesthesia. She's out like a light, so we'll be here for a couple of hours yet. Thursday we'll go in for another test, an MRCP. It's similar to an MRI, but it's for the abdomen area, specifically for finding things like gall stones and such. I'll keep you posted on how things go.

Update: The doctor didn't find anything, so now it's on to the MRCP.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • So can one have gallstones without a gallbladder???
    Praying for you guys.
    Shelly S.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:23 AM  

  • Yes I'm praying too!
    How are you??? I think of you all often!

    By Blogger Jenny, at 1:22 PM  

  • Shelly: Apparently you can. All the fixin's are there in the bile, and that's still be secreted by the liver. It's just relatively rare. What's more normal is for the stones to have simply been missed when the surgery was done.

    Jenny: We miss your heart tremendously. We keep up on your blog, though we don't post often. That was a powerful movie preview.

    By Blogger Pastor Paul, at 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home