A Good Day of Rest... Rest?
Well, we didn't exactly rest yesterday, but I give praise to God for the work He helped us to get done. It was a day of refreshing for me, even though not restful.
We started the morning cleaning up from the night before, and beginning to process all the grapes Shari had picked Friday. We have a large box full of grapes, and there are still more on the vine. Feel free to come pick some. Anyway, while Shari began to process those, I started getting stuff out to fix Michael his birthday omelet. Unfortunately, I received a phone call from a concerned parent. The end result was a slight family crisis, but an opportunity to speak into a young man's life in a way I could never have lined up on my own, and a tremendous amount of appreciation on his part. We had a time of prayer, and I will continue to pray that he takes the lessons he learned to heart.
So, I missed the omelets, but made myself a great egg, cheese, and bacon sandwich. I didn't miss the grapes. I joined Michael to work on processing them (picking them off the stems, washing them, and liquefying them in the blender), while Shari took what she'd already processed and began making grape jam. We got about 15 pints done before we ran out of jars. We were also able to liquefy another 10 cups (a little over 1.5 batches) before we had to move on to cleaning the house for company.
So, I set the boys to work. We vacuumed, put toys away... put more toys away... and cleaned up the toy closet. They had already made their beds. I vacuumed their rooms, and Michael vacuumed my office, which was great. Then company arrived, and the party began.
So, that's a glimpse at a day that wasn't very restful, yet was somehow a day of rest. After the party we ended with some great friend time. I close the day feeling like much was accomplished, and that God used me to care for a student, reminding me that I got into pastoring to care for students and their families, and to point them towards Christ through relationships. Yeah, it was a good, restful day. Now, to get some sleep.
We started the morning cleaning up from the night before, and beginning to process all the grapes Shari had picked Friday. We have a large box full of grapes, and there are still more on the vine. Feel free to come pick some. Anyway, while Shari began to process those, I started getting stuff out to fix Michael his birthday omelet. Unfortunately, I received a phone call from a concerned parent. The end result was a slight family crisis, but an opportunity to speak into a young man's life in a way I could never have lined up on my own, and a tremendous amount of appreciation on his part. We had a time of prayer, and I will continue to pray that he takes the lessons he learned to heart.
So, I missed the omelets, but made myself a great egg, cheese, and bacon sandwich. I didn't miss the grapes. I joined Michael to work on processing them (picking them off the stems, washing them, and liquefying them in the blender), while Shari took what she'd already processed and began making grape jam. We got about 15 pints done before we ran out of jars. We were also able to liquefy another 10 cups (a little over 1.5 batches) before we had to move on to cleaning the house for company.
So, I set the boys to work. We vacuumed, put toys away... put more toys away... and cleaned up the toy closet. They had already made their beds. I vacuumed their rooms, and Michael vacuumed my office, which was great. Then company arrived, and the party began.
So, that's a glimpse at a day that wasn't very restful, yet was somehow a day of rest. After the party we ended with some great friend time. I close the day feeling like much was accomplished, and that God used me to care for a student, reminding me that I got into pastoring to care for students and their families, and to point them towards Christ through relationships. Yeah, it was a good, restful day. Now, to get some sleep.
Labels: Family, Personal, Youth Ministry
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home