For the first time ever...
This week Shari and I have been busy with home improvement projects. Last week, thanks to the generosity of some people in our church, we were able to purchase some shelf brackets, a little more stair railing to finish the top, paint, and some barrister columns. Wednesday I cleaned out some sheet rock, taking it over to our new church offices. Friday Shari spent the afternoon painting the barristers and priming the railing piece. Then she got ambitious and painted the stair well. We had tried painting that last year, thinking we had the right color, but we discovered after it dried that we didn't. So for over a year we've had a two-tone, brown stairwell. it's been ugly, but bearable. So, now it's all the same color again, with only the corners left to be done. That's my job, probably after hunting season, as I'm going to be spending almost every spare moment trying to fill our freezer. Anyway, she got that done last night while I was at a concert with the high school students.
Today (I'm writing this on Saturday, though it won't post until Sunday) we cleaned out the garage and put up some shelves that had been given to us lasts Spring. We took the table in the garage downstairs for Matthew, then put Matthew's old school table in the play room for puzzles, games, etc. After putting up the shelves, we moved some lumber over, and generally rearranged the garage for this look:

I have lived in one house or another with a garage for eight years. This is the first time in eight years that I have been able to put our car in the garage. I am stoked! It's a bit cramped to get out (thankfully, the kids get out the sliding doors), but it's a wonderful feeling to actually be able to get it in there.
In addition to all that, we also went to some friends' house, and they fed us pizza while we watched the UM Grizzlies totally wipe out the Northern Colorado Bears. It wasn't even fun to watch the second half. It's another fantastic season for the Griz. We'll get back at Weber State in the playoffs.
Today (I'm writing this on Saturday, though it won't post until Sunday) we cleaned out the garage and put up some shelves that had been given to us lasts Spring. We took the table in the garage downstairs for Matthew, then put Matthew's old school table in the play room for puzzles, games, etc. After putting up the shelves, we moved some lumber over, and generally rearranged the garage for this look:

I have lived in one house or another with a garage for eight years. This is the first time in eight years that I have been able to put our car in the garage. I am stoked! It's a bit cramped to get out (thankfully, the kids get out the sliding doors), but it's a wonderful feeling to actually be able to get it in there.
In addition to all that, we also went to some friends' house, and they fed us pizza while we watched the UM Grizzlies totally wipe out the Northern Colorado Bears. It wasn't even fun to watch the second half. It's another fantastic season for the Griz. We'll get back at Weber State in the playoffs.
Labels: Family
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home