Site Meter

Paul's Thinking Place

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Being with my Father

It's 7:15 am, and Ben's just walked into my office, interrupting my time with God, though admittedly I'm struggling to actually focus on my own Father. Whatever I'm feeling is of no consequence, though, in light of my son waking up and seeking me out. So I pick him up and hold him. For what seems like a good 5-10 minutes, but is really only 1-2 (an eternity for Ben), Ben sits there quietly snuggling in my lap. Then he starts asking questions about what we're doing today, if it's AWANA day or not, whether the girls in the pictures will go swimming, if there are ducks in the river, makes comments about what would happen if the girls through rocks at the ducks, etc. Eventually he gets up and goes to play "quietly." Uh-huh. Well, he's not yelling and screaming, anyway.

So, as I sit there holding him for those few peaceful seconds of snuggling (something I value with all my boys, but especially with him, since he's not one to sit still or quietly for very long), I contemplate on yesterday's post. If I enjoy snuggling with my son, with all my imperfections and selfish tendencies, how much more does my heavenly Father enjoy snuggling with His son - me (and the reader, if you choose to put yourself in that seat). While I can't tell how much Ben gets out of it, I'm reminded how much I've gotten out of it in the past, and realize again how much I need that "snuggle time" with my heavenly Daddy. I don't know why I forget that, or get to thinking that God needs to always be interceding or praying in other ways. I just do, so He sends my own boys to remind me of what's important to Him. So, have you, the reader, snuggled with your Daddy lately?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • Hey Bro -

    Love this concept and find it interesting that you posted about it when this is what I've been talking with God about lately.

    Miss you guys and would dearly love to have some catch up time with you and Shari. Give her a hug for me.

    By Blogger auntie-c, at 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home