A starting in June...
I think last night was only the second baseball game of Michael's I've missed (Shari may correct me, but I think that's right). In addition, Shari couldn't make all of the game, either. So, of course, Michael chooses last night to make an exceptional play. I'll give you my interpretation of Michael's story (I'll try to keep it toned down to some semblance of reality).
The score's 6-6, it's the bottom of the 6th (they only play 6 in Little League). The pitcher fast, but not exceptionally accurate. The first hitter walks. Michael comes up to bat. On a wild pitch, the guy on first goes to second, and it's 0-1 on Michael. Michael gets a fast ball right down the heart of the plate. He pulls the trigger, and the ball and bat meet right where they're supposed, sending the ball flying into right center field. It's a stand-up triple, driving in the winning run. The team swarms around Michael and congratulates him (remember, they've lost a lot of 1-run games). Then it's off to DQ for a well deserved blizzard. Shari couldn't tell who was more excited - the coach or Michael at DQ.
And I gave that up for a board meeting. The responsibilities of pastoring and bringing home the bacon.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home