It's still winter
We've had a week of wonderful, spring-like weather here in Missoula. The snow was almost completely gone from the yard, the kids were playing without jackets, and I've been wearing short-sleeved shirts. I even went all day in just my UW t-shirt yesterday. This morning, we woke to very large snow flakes coming down again. The break has been wonderful, but I'm afraid our minds were already into spring, which we knew better than to allow, but the weather's been so nice. Oh, well. The snow is beautiful. The cold allows one of our youth staff team to continue working. The snow continues to build up in the mountains, something it hasn't done for several winters here (at least five, from what I understand). Because of the snow, there will be less chance of forest fires this summer (depending on the snow melt rate). Overall, I have to admit that it's a good thing, but even this snow-loving guy is ready for spring to spring.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home