Site Meter

Paul's Thinking Place

Monday, December 03, 2007

Progress is Progressing In Iraq

One battalion. That's all that has been in the second largest Iraqi city, and yet, they have been doing an amazing job of slowly making it a safe place to live. As a brother to two soldiers over there (more or less), it's exciting to hear the good news that's happening, and that they are making a difference in the lives of average Iraqi citizens. I invite you to check out the latest dispatch from Michael Yon, who's been imbedded over there with different units for at least six months, if not the full year (I can't remember when he started, and I'm too lazy to go look it up). It's amazing how much good news there is, yet Michael's not afraid to say what we're doing wrong/poorly, either. He can do that because he's got the respect of the leadership on the streets (even if not that of the Army's PR dept.). He's an excellent, independent journalist, and I respect him tremendously. Then, if you have time, check out his other stuff, too. He's got some amazing pictures for sale. They're even more amazing when you know the stories behind them, like this one (my favorite).

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home