Another letter from Mary
I was looking back through my pile of letters from Mary, which I posted about here, and realized that I had one more to share. Enjoy.
I don't think this was a finished product, but it was so close, and so real, that I had to post it anyway. Again, a jr. high girl wrestling with, from her culture, what it was like for Mary in her culture, and trying to grasp this very real event when she can only read about it in a book that many people in our culture - especially the media she's immersed in daily - malign and put down. God is at work, even when we can't necessarily see it in bright lights or altar calls.
Dear Joseph,
My love, this is a very hard time for both of us, I know. I hope that all this will not effect our relationship and how we feel about each other. I didn't have sex with another guy. God put this baby, baby Jesus, into my stomach. This could mean something fanaminal. I am going to give birth to a holy baby! We shall praise God for this occurince. When I give birth to this precious child, don't worry because God will protect me and help us through out all of it. God has chosen me to carry his son. I am very frightnend, but God will be with me, near me, by me, holding me. I sometimes wonder if God would have chosen a different lady.
I don't think this was a finished product, but it was so close, and so real, that I had to post it anyway. Again, a jr. high girl wrestling with, from her culture, what it was like for Mary in her culture, and trying to grasp this very real event when she can only read about it in a book that many people in our culture - especially the media she's immersed in daily - malign and put down. God is at work, even when we can't necessarily see it in bright lights or altar calls.
Labels: Jr. High Ministry
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home