Site Meter

Paul's Thinking Place

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Michael hits double digits





I am the father of a 10 year old. Ten years ago, I was holding this boy in the palm of my hand. Now he's up to my chest. I wish I had more time to dwell on this with you here, but suffice it to say that I have been dwelling on it, along with Shari. He's growing up, and there's so much to teach him; so much that needs to be said in this quickly closing window when he's willing to listen. On the other hand, I am a strong believer that, just because something is so in our culture doesn't mean it has to be so in God's house. God may guide us through the upcoming years w/o the garbage that mar so many other families. I don't know, but I'm praying for wisdom and hope.

So, here are some pictures for your enjoyment. He's getting big.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • This is simply not possible and you stop letting that kid grow up because it's making me feel very, very old!

    :-)

    Happy birthday to the boy and hugs to the whole family...

    ~c

    By Blogger auntie-c, at 7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home