Moving In
After a brief break to have Shari's gall bladder removed, (see post here, and Shari's blog here), we now have a fully functional office. I spent this morning putting the finishing touches on where I want most things. I am so excited to have a space of my own, but there's an even bigger thing here. I was thinking about it a day or two ago as I was doing my morning ride. When I first started this gig (youth ministry), one of my dream was
to have my own study to work in. It wo
uld have a built in book case, a desk, and it would
be a place where I could not only work, but pray. When I first started having that dream, we were living in Concrete in a two bedroom house. I never lost that dream, but have believed for years that it was somewhat unreachable, especially on a youth pastor's budget. It's always been one of those, "Boy, God, it would be a nice gift... but definitely nowhere near a need of any sort." Yet God, who is the best Daddy of all, heard my heart, saw my desire, and decided that I either need it more than I think, or that He simply wants to give me a nice gift (or maybe a little of both, in this case). So, here I am with a wonderful, wood lined study, complete with a built in bookcase and a matching desk. God is so wonderful. My next project (after I clean the window on my office door) is either a larger strawberry patch, or to put gravel or river rock at the top of our yard so I can park the car there w/o fear of getting stuck in the mud during the spring melt. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the other gifts God's given (see Shari's latest post). All praise to God for His good gifts and provision.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home