Site Meter

Paul's Thinking Place

Monday, July 23, 2007

While You Were Out... Pt. 1

Shari is on a kayak trip with YD Adventures, two volunteers, and five students from Lolo Community Church. While she's gone, I'll be posting our daily happenings so she can read all that happened while she was gone. I know I won't remember it all, and some will even be worth remembering.

Dear Shari,
We got Michael out of here around 9:30, picking up Joseph on the way. It was a noisy ride, but I did keep the radio off in an effort to actually engage with the boys. Ben sang part of the way up, and drove Mark nuts... not to long after Michael was complaining about Mark being noisy regarding something or other. We got to Camp Utmost almost an hour before the bus did. As I was unloading the boys, I heard a loud hissing sound coming from the back of the ban. Yep - the rear tire on the driver's side was leaking fast and furiously. Thankfully I not only knew some of the jr. counselors, but many of them wanted to help. I had to shoo some of them away because they were focusing on helping to change the tire rather than welcoming counselors. So, while Ryan and another student changed our tire for the donut, I checked Michael in. He's in Cabin 6. I didn't meet his counselor, but Nathan's in there (my jr. counselor from 7th grade camp), as is Jared Boschmann, so I'm sure it will be alright. Matthew and Mark played around the camp with kids, while I went and talked with Jeff for a while. It was a great conversation (that I will talk about when you return), but we eventually had to leave. Benjamin stayed with me the whole time, jumping on me, then Jeff, then back again... when he wasn't running around the lodge. We left as the bus arrived, and began our slightly lengthy journey to Les Schwab at 50 mph. It was annoying to watch large semis passing me like I was standing still. Thankfully Les Schwab wasn't very busy, so we were in and out fairly quickly. The pop corn helped, as did the cookies I brought along. Those were a great gift, by the way. Thanks. We came home and spent the afternoon pretty much relaxing, apart from a few minor chores. We watched a documentary on the making of "The Phantom Menace", as well as some deleted scenes and movie trailers. During most of this time, and especially after sitting for so long, by leg muscles were tight and sore from last weekend's hike, especially that 1.5 miles downhill. Around 6:00 pm we went to WalMart and and Harvest Foods for a little shopping, came home and had pizza and frozen grapes for dinner. It was actually fairly relaxing with the boys, and they went down relatively easy. I enjoyed my time with them, and I wrestled with Mark and Matthew before putting them down at 9:00 pm. They did very well today, and I'm thankful I had the time with them. After everybody was in bed, I folded some clothes and mopped the floor twice. I think it's not sticky any more, but I'll see tomorrow. It was a pretty uneventful day, other than the flat tire. I enjoyed spending it with my boys, even if we didn't play as much as I'd planned. I prayed for you diligently tonight, and will do the same tomorrow. You are missed.

PS: I spent the evening watching CSI:NY and doing a Sudoku puzzle. I chose not to time it so as not to embarrass myself, but didn't do too bad. Unfortunately, I got to bed around 12:00 am. Not good when I want to get up around 6:00.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home