Site Meter

Paul's Thinking Place

Friday, July 06, 2007

Speechless, But Not Surprised

"Episcopal Priest Says She's Also A Muslim"

I cannot put into words how sad this makes me, and angry, too. Sad that she is so deceived. Angry that she finds no problem with it. I am very tempted to be angry at this priest, as well as her presiding bishop in Olympia (see end of story), yet I'm reminded in my heart that, ultimately, the enemy is not these folks, but Satan and his well placed lies and well twisted truths.

But I'm not surprised. (Yes, I know I shouldn't start a sentence with a conjunction.) The Bible makes it clear that these types of things will happen. People don't want to love or pursue truth, so God gives them what they want (II Thes. 2). They will act and say things that sound good, but are actually the antithesis of Christ. (II Tim. 3). People will gather around themselves leaders to say the things people want to hear, things that make them feel good about their sin (II Tim. 4). There's more, but that's a good start. So, I'm not surprised at all that this stuff is happening, and am expecting more of it before Christ returns.

Still, I'm sad that people can't - and/or won't - believe the truth. Satan has blinded them w/their own desires and lusts. I wish there were an easy answer - just say the right words, and people would get it. But, if they don't want to, then the battle becomes a spiritual one, and we must get on our knees and pray for them.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Apparently, she's actually under the authority of a bishop in Rhode Island, on an assignment to Olympia, and the RI bishop has suspended her presbyteral faculties, meaning that she can't perform any functions of a priest. Pretty strong move for an Episcopal bishop.

    However, Mark Shea says that she's still teaching New Testament at Seattle University, which is a Jesuit school. I wish I could be surprised at that, but the Jebs have gone badly downhill in the last generation or so. Sometimes I wonder if my former pastor (I forget; did you know Fr. Morse?) was the last orthodox priest in the order.

    By Blogger Joel, at 3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home