Quick Update
Got back from 7th grade camp last Saturday. It was great to be home in my own bed again. The week went well, with several ups and downs, and many great conversations with students. My biggest concern is the lack of follow-up available to these kids. They come from all over Western Montana, and then some. A nice letter/note from me just won't cut it for true discipleship and follow-up. I don't buy that God is sovereign, so it will all work out. At least I don't buy that as an excuse for poor follow-up. Besides, God makes it very clear that not only is He sovereign, but He also uses us human folk to do His will, and if we drop the ball, their are consequences. He doesn't just make His will happen anyway. But now I'm getting on my soap box, so I'll move on without clarifying or continuing that vein.
Follow-up aside, it was great to see God at work in so many different lives. I enjoyed the kids I got to live with for a week. I hurt for them, rejoice with them (we had a birthday), and simply enjoyed playing with many of them. I talked with many of them about where they are spiritually, and saw a few light bulbs turn on.
Friday night I caught a flu bug that one of our students was nice enough to share. Thankfully, it was only a 24 hr. bug, but it sure knocked me out. Shari and I went home early Saturday morning, and I was fully recovered by Sunday night to go swimming with the high school group. That was fun, especially as the last hour was pretty slow and empty at the pool. There were no lines at all for the three hours we were there. It was fun.
So, this week, while continuing to recover and follow-up on our camp week, Shari and I are preparing for our individual trips next week. Actually, my backpacking trip begins this Friday morning (in two days - Yikes!). It looks like we'll be taking six boys up to a high mountain lake to go fishing and hiking, along with experiencing some spiritual growth along the way. My focus will be on reminding us all of our identity in Christ. Shari leaves Sunday morning for a six day trip to the Deschutes River with five girls to go kayaking. She's very excited about this, not only because of what she's looking forward to God doing, but also because she'll be reconnecting with so many old friends on the YD Adventures staff. You can see pictures from her last trip with YD girls on their web site here. I'm looking forward to posting pictures from this trip on the Lolo youth web site.
That's a brief update. Thank you so much for your prayers. Have a wonderful time these next two weeks. I may touch base next week while Shari's gone. I'll definitely post when she returns. Don't miss her comments and such about life in the Loeffler household at her web site: Growing in Wisdom and Stature.
Follow-up aside, it was great to see God at work in so many different lives. I enjoyed the kids I got to live with for a week. I hurt for them, rejoice with them (we had a birthday), and simply enjoyed playing with many of them. I talked with many of them about where they are spiritually, and saw a few light bulbs turn on.
Friday night I caught a flu bug that one of our students was nice enough to share. Thankfully, it was only a 24 hr. bug, but it sure knocked me out. Shari and I went home early Saturday morning, and I was fully recovered by Sunday night to go swimming with the high school group. That was fun, especially as the last hour was pretty slow and empty at the pool. There were no lines at all for the three hours we were there. It was fun.
So, this week, while continuing to recover and follow-up on our camp week, Shari and I are preparing for our individual trips next week. Actually, my backpacking trip begins this Friday morning (in two days - Yikes!). It looks like we'll be taking six boys up to a high mountain lake to go fishing and hiking, along with experiencing some spiritual growth along the way. My focus will be on reminding us all of our identity in Christ. Shari leaves Sunday morning for a six day trip to the Deschutes River with five girls to go kayaking. She's very excited about this, not only because of what she's looking forward to God doing, but also because she'll be reconnecting with so many old friends on the YD Adventures staff. You can see pictures from her last trip with YD girls on their web site here. I'm looking forward to posting pictures from this trip on the Lolo youth web site.
That's a brief update. Thank you so much for your prayers. Have a wonderful time these next two weeks. I may touch base next week while Shari's gone. I'll definitely post when she returns. Don't miss her comments and such about life in the Loeffler household at her web site: Growing in Wisdom and Stature.
Labels: Family, Intercession Requests, Jr. High Ministry
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home