Just being with daddy
This morning I got up early, as is my general habit, to spend some time praying and reading. About half way through, Mark woke up and joined me in my chair. I put my book down and cuddled with him. We didn't say much, other than I reminded him how much I loved him. Otherwise, it was quiet, and we were content just to be together.
As we sat there, God, in His still small voice, reminded me that there is a time for me to read and learn; there's a time for me to pray and intercede; there's a time for me to worship; but there's also a time to simply sit and be with my Daddy. I'm not there to hear His voice, or pray for my needs, but simply to be with Him and let Him love me. As I realized how much I enjoyed that time with Mark, God reminded me that, if that's how I, an earthly daddy, feel about loving and affirming my son, how much more does He wish to do that for me. How often do we feel like we have to "do" because our culture says that "doing=productivity=value." In relationships, there's a place for that, but so often we not only short-change ourselves, but also God by not giving Him a chance to simply "be" with us, and "cuddle" with us, thereby showing us His tremendous love for us.
I cherish those moments with my boys when I get to just "be" with them. As Michael's grown, those times have become a bit more rare (if for no other reason than he's too big to sit on my lap for very long before my legs "go to sleep"). Sometimes my boys are so busy playing they don't have time to just "be" with daddy. Still, when they come, I cherish them, and let the boys know I cherish them. How much more do I need to give God the opportunity to cherish me - for Him, and for my reminder of how much I'm loved.
As we sat there, God, in His still small voice, reminded me that there is a time for me to read and learn; there's a time for me to pray and intercede; there's a time for me to worship; but there's also a time to simply sit and be with my Daddy. I'm not there to hear His voice, or pray for my needs, but simply to be with Him and let Him love me. As I realized how much I enjoyed that time with Mark, God reminded me that, if that's how I, an earthly daddy, feel about loving and affirming my son, how much more does He wish to do that for me. How often do we feel like we have to "do" because our culture says that "doing=productivity=value." In relationships, there's a place for that, but so often we not only short-change ourselves, but also God by not giving Him a chance to simply "be" with us, and "cuddle" with us, thereby showing us His tremendous love for us.
I cherish those moments with my boys when I get to just "be" with them. As Michael's grown, those times have become a bit more rare (if for no other reason than he's too big to sit on my lap for very long before my legs "go to sleep"). Sometimes my boys are so busy playing they don't have time to just "be" with daddy. Still, when they come, I cherish them, and let the boys know I cherish them. How much more do I need to give God the opportunity to cherish me - for Him, and for my reminder of how much I'm loved.
Labels: Personal
1 Comments:
Cherish them well, it won't be long before they are taller than you and you'll have to curl up on their lap!
By
Deeapaulitan, at 8:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home