Site Meter

Paul's Thinking Place

Thursday, February 01, 2007

It's going through my head at 3:00 AM

As God and I argue at 3:00 am, He reminds me to not only guard my heart, but also to examine it - or, more appropriately, let Him examine it and show me what's in there. It's not pretty, which is frustrating, because it's a lack of "prettiness" that is bothering me about other people's hearts. So, I'm reminded of a song, and praying that God would help me to have the heart of Joshua and Caleb, and not the heart of... well, the other spies weren't named, but "Them."

In that vein, I was going to post the words to one of my favorite Keith Green songs. However, after thinking about it, I decided that even that (in this public forum) may be allowing my "tongue" too much leeway and hurting those God's called me to love. So, I will choose to trust God, knowing that the alternative isn't very pretty, and I will try and remember that, at 3:00 am, the giants always look bigger and more numerous than they are. God is always bigger!

UPDATE: The spies are listed, but I'm not going to name them all here. One can read their name in Numbers 13. My mistake.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home