Site Meter

Paul's Thinking Place

Saturday, January 27, 2007

AWANA Grand Prix results

Spent most of the day at AWANA's Grand Prix with the boys. I didn't get to see them race every time, but it was still fun to watch. I spent most of my time manning one of the race tracks. It was amazing to see the imaginations of these kids... or their parents. I think some of the parents had more emotions invested than the kids did. Anyway, we learned much about how to build these things. After the first two heats of five (with two losses for each kid) we discovered silicon spray, and all of a sudden they were in the races. Unfortunately they didn't make the semi-finals, but they still had fun, and that was the important thing to me. Michael also came away with third place for his age group for most creative. As you can see, his was a football. Mark struggled with wanting a trophy and not getting one. He understood that not everybody could win, and that he had been beaten, but it was still painful. The thing is, you can see his brain not only wrestling with it, but starting now to figure out how to win next year... at something. So, it was a good day with the boys. I pretty much ended it with a great walk down by the Bitterroot river, throwing rocks, stomping on ice, and sliding along frozen puddles with Mark and Matthew. It was a great ending to a good day.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home