Thought provoking quotes
Last night, as I was going to bed, I was reading "Fellowship of the Ring." As I've said before, I love this book for so many reasons, including some of the statements the characters make. Considering how long ago this book was written, it's interesting to note how much of it continues to be relevant. This, again, shows that Ecclesiastes is correct - "There's nothing new under the sun."
You won't see this in the movie, you'll have to read the book. As the "Fellowship" is starting through Lothlorien, Haldir insists on blindfolding Gimli, as dwarves and elves don't have the best of history. When Gimli balks rather violently, Aragorn insists that they all be blindfolded, even Legolas... who, of course, balks. In the end, they all agree, but Haldir, their guide, comments,
"Indeed in nothing is the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the estrangement that divides all those who still oppose him."
Thoughts?
You won't see this in the movie, you'll have to read the book. As the "Fellowship" is starting through Lothlorien, Haldir insists on blindfolding Gimli, as dwarves and elves don't have the best of history. When Gimli balks rather violently, Aragorn insists that they all be blindfolded, even Legolas... who, of course, balks. In the end, they all agree, but Haldir, their guide, comments,
"Indeed in nothing is the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the estrangement that divides all those who still oppose him."
Thoughts?
Labels: Thoughtful Quotes and Comics
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home