Even in debt, I'm Rich
Let's see: I'm $XXX.XX overdrawn. We have zero savings. I can't afford the tune-up, oil and transmission oil change our vehicles need. We didn't even get a Christmas tree (though, in truth, that's partially because we didn't want to find the money and do the hunt). I haven't bought an mocha with my own money for over two months (Gasp!) Now I find out that I'm in the top 7.16% of the richest people in the world. So, let's look at what I do have: A full tummy (as do all my boys and my wife); a roof over my head that's got half-again the living space we had in Moses Lake; two running cars that are paid for and in good shape; We're healthy (temporary colds don't count as truly diseased), and have health insurance. Our kids lack for no good things, and we sleep in fairly decent beds (compared to straw, the floor, or a wooden pallet). We have clothes on our back (and legs, and arms, and...). Can we say, "Count my blessings?" Thank you, God, for providing for all our needs, and for so many good gifts, like this computer and a job that I don't have to raise support for.
To see where you are in the big economic picture of the world, go to this site. Mark Ostreicher's right - it sobers one up, especially when one looks at all we're going to give and get for Christmas this month, and the money we'll spend... and the amount some will even go into debt for. Why is there such a shortage of tithers again?
To see where you are in the big economic picture of the world, go to this site. Mark Ostreicher's right - it sobers one up, especially when one looks at all we're going to give and get for Christmas this month, and the money we'll spend... and the amount some will even go into debt for. Why is there such a shortage of tithers again?
Labels: Miscellaneous
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home