Site Meter

Paul's Thinking Place

Friday, October 13, 2006

And I Quote...

Last night I was trying to help the jr. high students understand how we can love God, as well as the idea that loving God isn't just emotional, but that sometimes it's work, and sometimes it's downright something we don't want to do, for whatever reason. Scottie suggested that going to church was a way to love God. I couldn't agree more. So I brought up how sometimes it's hard when we stay out late (say, 2:00 AM) to love God by continuing to join His body in worship the next (or that same) morning. Celina brought up a great point - loving God may mean taking care of our bodies by getting rest. "So," I suggested, "could it be that loving God might mean getting to bed at a decent time so that you can get rest?"

Scottie said, quite quickly and emphatically, "No!"

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • "God only expects me to do things that either are easy or I don't yet have opportunity to do because I'm not an adult."

    By Blogger Joel, at 10:55 AM  

  • lol...

    AMEN!
    I have to interject that it IS easier for SOME PEOPLE... (you) to get to bed than others.

    So does that mean that I'm serving/loving God more than you when I go to bed at 9 or 10? :P

    By Blogger Hope, at 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home