One step closer to home in Lolo
Shari and I just returned from spending four days in Lolo. It was a great trip, but we didn't have internet access at the house we stayed at, and didn't have time to find a place. Sorry for the silence.
Life continues to move at breakneck speed, yet we see God's hand in so much of it. This morning, at 9:00 am, we signed our "intent-to-buy" paperwork for a house in Lolo. You can view pictures of it here, and the location here. It was amazing how God provided this house. So many other houses were well over $190,000. This house has been on the market for six days, and God opened up the door for us to buy it. It was amazing. While we were out there, we also chose a bank, and visited with Pastor Jeff about starting into ministry. We explored the town of Lolo as we searched for a home, and have a great idea of where just about everything is. We also got slightly better at following a map of Missoula to get around. In the process, I did discover an REI store. That ought to be fun to visit some time. Anyway, back in Lolo, I think we went down almost every street in the town over the two days of looking for a home, as well as a few south of town. There are basically three housing areas/communities in Lolo, but all of them are decent sized. Still, the fact that we were able to navigate all three in two days ought to say something. We could have done it in one, but spent time bank shopping and making an offer for this home. We're going to enjoy living out there. The house is beautiful, with about 2/3 of the basement framed but unfinished. We're planning on creating an office/den for me downstairs, but we may decide to make it the master bed and bath, and put my den upstairs. We'll see. The church doesn't have office space for any staff yet, so all of us work our of our homes. Those plans are being worked on to break ground maybe as early as next spring.
So, we came home tonight at 4:00 pm, and had dinner with Doug and Peggy and Jim and Deea. Now it's after 11:00 pm, and we're bushed, but it's a good kind of tired. However, it means that, looking back at what I've already written, this may not be the most informative post you've seen. Stick with me, or wait for Shari's. I'm sure her's will be great.
So, we pack up this weekend. Monday night, a group of people from Lolo show up with trailers and trucks. Tuesday morning we load them all up with our stuff, and head back to Lolo... permanently. That feels very weird. Our last Sunday at Grace will be this Sunday. That feels awful (as much as we're looking forward to LCC). That's it. We're gone! We are officially out of Moses Lake after Tuesday. I can't fathom that, but vaguely remember feeling the same way when we left Concrete... and we continue to love and be loved by those there, so I know the pain will subside.
We will keep our cell phone numbers for at least another week or two, then get local ones. We will also keep our e-mail address until we can get it all worked out over there. For at least a few weeks we will have spotty internet access, so please be patient with Shari and I as we work out the bugs and wait to get into our new home. You can always write Lolo Community Church, and we'll get it eventually. We should be into our new home by Sept. 25 or 26, depending on how our loan paperwork goes. In the meantime, we will be staying with Skip and Mary, pillars of the church there, and parents to two couples that Shari and I have are learning to enjoy very much. They are fun and enjoy laughing. Three of Skip and Mary's grandchildren will be in the youth group, too. We will be staying in their basement. Sounds aweful? It's not! There are four bedrooms (three for us), a pool table, and a full bathroom. We'll be sharing meals together, or not, as needed upstairs. The kids have already adjusted, and are enjoying the toys and games. Michael especially enjoys a board game centered around fishing. I've got to get my license for next spring. There are also plenty of books to read for the kids. Shari will be starting home schooling downstairs, too. I guess we won't be the first family to do so.
Thanks to all who have prayed. This process has been long and drawn out, but we've seen God's hand in it all. We look forward to seeing what He does in the lives of Lolo teens this school year. Please keep praying for us, as finances will continue to be an issue, especially as we have some work to do on the home, and there are other things that need to done in order to finish preparing for ministry there... including the need for warmer winter clothes, and more of them. On the plus side, our second weekend there will be spent butchering a pig for our freezer. God is our provider, and He's given us a great and giving church family there. I'm also nervous about beginning ministry, as I'm still trying to figure out where to begin, and how. My first board/business meeting is Sept. 11. That ought to be an experience. Doug gave me some great words of wisdom a week or so ago on starting fresh, and I'm going to put some of that into practice. I will be in touch, but please be patient.
Life continues to move at breakneck speed, yet we see God's hand in so much of it. This morning, at 9:00 am, we signed our "intent-to-buy" paperwork for a house in Lolo. You can view pictures of it here, and the location here. It was amazing how God provided this house. So many other houses were well over $190,000. This house has been on the market for six days, and God opened up the door for us to buy it. It was amazing. While we were out there, we also chose a bank, and visited with Pastor Jeff about starting into ministry. We explored the town of Lolo as we searched for a home, and have a great idea of where just about everything is. We also got slightly better at following a map of Missoula to get around. In the process, I did discover an REI store. That ought to be fun to visit some time. Anyway, back in Lolo, I think we went down almost every street in the town over the two days of looking for a home, as well as a few south of town. There are basically three housing areas/communities in Lolo, but all of them are decent sized. Still, the fact that we were able to navigate all three in two days ought to say something. We could have done it in one, but spent time bank shopping and making an offer for this home. We're going to enjoy living out there. The house is beautiful, with about 2/3 of the basement framed but unfinished. We're planning on creating an office/den for me downstairs, but we may decide to make it the master bed and bath, and put my den upstairs. We'll see. The church doesn't have office space for any staff yet, so all of us work our of our homes. Those plans are being worked on to break ground maybe as early as next spring.
So, we came home tonight at 4:00 pm, and had dinner with Doug and Peggy and Jim and Deea. Now it's after 11:00 pm, and we're bushed, but it's a good kind of tired. However, it means that, looking back at what I've already written, this may not be the most informative post you've seen. Stick with me, or wait for Shari's. I'm sure her's will be great.
So, we pack up this weekend. Monday night, a group of people from Lolo show up with trailers and trucks. Tuesday morning we load them all up with our stuff, and head back to Lolo... permanently. That feels very weird. Our last Sunday at Grace will be this Sunday. That feels awful (as much as we're looking forward to LCC). That's it. We're gone! We are officially out of Moses Lake after Tuesday. I can't fathom that, but vaguely remember feeling the same way when we left Concrete... and we continue to love and be loved by those there, so I know the pain will subside.
We will keep our cell phone numbers for at least another week or two, then get local ones. We will also keep our e-mail address until we can get it all worked out over there. For at least a few weeks we will have spotty internet access, so please be patient with Shari and I as we work out the bugs and wait to get into our new home. You can always write Lolo Community Church, and we'll get it eventually. We should be into our new home by Sept. 25 or 26, depending on how our loan paperwork goes. In the meantime, we will be staying with Skip and Mary, pillars of the church there, and parents to two couples that Shari and I have are learning to enjoy very much. They are fun and enjoy laughing. Three of Skip and Mary's grandchildren will be in the youth group, too. We will be staying in their basement. Sounds aweful? It's not! There are four bedrooms (three for us), a pool table, and a full bathroom. We'll be sharing meals together, or not, as needed upstairs. The kids have already adjusted, and are enjoying the toys and games. Michael especially enjoys a board game centered around fishing. I've got to get my license for next spring. There are also plenty of books to read for the kids. Shari will be starting home schooling downstairs, too. I guess we won't be the first family to do so.
Thanks to all who have prayed. This process has been long and drawn out, but we've seen God's hand in it all. We look forward to seeing what He does in the lives of Lolo teens this school year. Please keep praying for us, as finances will continue to be an issue, especially as we have some work to do on the home, and there are other things that need to done in order to finish preparing for ministry there... including the need for warmer winter clothes, and more of them. On the plus side, our second weekend there will be spent butchering a pig for our freezer. God is our provider, and He's given us a great and giving church family there. I'm also nervous about beginning ministry, as I'm still trying to figure out where to begin, and how. My first board/business meeting is Sept. 11. That ought to be an experience. Doug gave me some great words of wisdom a week or so ago on starting fresh, and I'm going to put some of that into practice. I will be in touch, but please be patient.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home