Site Meter

Paul's Thinking Place

Monday, September 04, 2006

Mover's Eve


It's Monday, Sept. 4. Tomorrow's the big day. As I type this, our friends from Lolo are about an hour out from arriving. Shari and I are doing last-minute, small, organizational kinds of stuff to get ready for the big day. It's been a good day. Mom and Dad came down last night from Wenatchee to help us prepare today. That was huge. This morning, as I was just starting my hot, powder-mix-from-Costco mocha, my phone goes off, reminding me I am supposed to meet Mark Roeber in 15 min. for coffee and to fellowship once more as brothers in Christ. I was still in my sleeping bag in the living room. I beat him to Star... St... that evil coffee shop that he frequents., and we had a great visit. I have to admit, they actually got it right - both hot, and just the right amount of peppermint. Later that morning, after I returned home to actually help, Kyndra, a former student (now an adult, though she doesn't like to admit it) showed up to say hi, and got drafted. By lunch time 90% of the work was done, and it was a fun process for all. Somehow, I got the brunt of the ribbing, but that's okay - I can handle it (sob! sigh!).

This evening, after dinner, I took the four boys for one more hour down at the park. It was fun for all. Some of Michael's former teammates and their parents came down, too, so we all enjoyed hitting the softball around. Mark and Matthew played on the playground, and Benjamin enjoyed being out in the field with daddy. Matthew also got to hit some balls prior to the other families showing up. He's getting pretty good. He'll enjoy t-ball next spring.

Shari and I are still trying to get our brains around the idea that, after tomorrow, not only will Moses Lake not be our home, but Washington won't be our home... at least, we won't live here anymore. Being born and raised here, and living here for 36 years, I think it will always be home, but I'm quite sure Montana will grow on me. Anyway, it's just hard to fathom. This is especially true since we've taken so many trips this summer. It feels like just another visit somewhere, and, pretty soon, we'll be back to actually settle down into the school year routine. Well, at least that last part is true. It just won't be here. Weird! Different. Unreal. What will it feel like by this time next year?

If there's a shortage of posts over the next month, be patient. Our host family doesn't have reliable internet service, so we may or may not be able to post. I think we'll be able to get e-mail, though, so don't fail to write, please. Just don't be offended if it takes a few days (weeks?) to write back.

I've still got things to discuss and journal about besides what's happening in our physical lives, but those things will have to wait until life slows down a bit more, and the routine kicks in. I look forward to that happening, because it will include actually going out and being with students. WooHoo!! What's God going to do next? What will He do through us and in us? We shall see. We shall see.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home