Catching Up on my world Pt. 1
Much has happened since my last post. It feels a little superfluous to be posting some of this, as Shari's new blog has done such a great job of keeping people posted. None-the-less, Shari has been ribbing me about not keeping up on my blog, so I feel the need to post while I have a moment. Besides, I'd hate to go as long as my pastor :).
We are moved into our new, temporary home. Our two car garage is almost completely packed with boxes, as we're trying hard not to get settled anywhere. I'm trying to figure out a way to teach the boys about this world not being our home using the house as an analogy. Haven't got there yet, but need to do so before we move, or it will lose something. Thanks to everybody who helped us move, especially Joel, who dropped everything at work in order to come and do physical labor. It was great getting to know him at a different level than just his blog. Hey, Joel, do you happen to know where we put some of the stuff from the garage. I need a book out of one of those boxes. I also appreciate those who helped us move our piano. It's made out of 4x4's that are actualy 4 inches by 4 inches... and lots of them. That thing is HEAVY! I plan on getting it tuned as soon as we arrive wherever we're going.
We do not have phone service yet. Thanks to MCI for getting our address wrong and not trying to track us down. We have now been without phone service for 18 days. Can somebody explain why they couldn't simply look up 715 Windrost on Mapquest and have it correct them. I tried it. It took three clicks, four if you count actually getting to Mapquest, and a total of 30 seconds. A little work at research would have gone a long ways towards a happy customer. Then there's the issue of telling us it would take an average of 10 days in the first place.
The job situation hasn't changed any. That is to say, we haven't been hired. Next week we go to Lolo, MT for an interview, and the week after that we fly to Minnesota. I am excited about both possibilities for a variety of reasons. We will see what God shows over the next two weeks.
Had an odd happening this past week. Both the fan and the blinkers went out at the same time on my mustang. I checked the fuses, and they aren't connected. I'm going to have to take it somewhere. Electrical is so much fun.
We are moved into our new, temporary home. Our two car garage is almost completely packed with boxes, as we're trying hard not to get settled anywhere. I'm trying to figure out a way to teach the boys about this world not being our home using the house as an analogy. Haven't got there yet, but need to do so before we move, or it will lose something. Thanks to everybody who helped us move, especially Joel, who dropped everything at work in order to come and do physical labor. It was great getting to know him at a different level than just his blog. Hey, Joel, do you happen to know where we put some of the stuff from the garage. I need a book out of one of those boxes. I also appreciate those who helped us move our piano. It's made out of 4x4's that are actualy 4 inches by 4 inches... and lots of them. That thing is HEAVY! I plan on getting it tuned as soon as we arrive wherever we're going.
We do not have phone service yet. Thanks to MCI for getting our address wrong and not trying to track us down. We have now been without phone service for 18 days. Can somebody explain why they couldn't simply look up 715 Windrost on Mapquest and have it correct them. I tried it. It took three clicks, four if you count actually getting to Mapquest, and a total of 30 seconds. A little work at research would have gone a long ways towards a happy customer. Then there's the issue of telling us it would take an average of 10 days in the first place.
The job situation hasn't changed any. That is to say, we haven't been hired. Next week we go to Lolo, MT for an interview, and the week after that we fly to Minnesota. I am excited about both possibilities for a variety of reasons. We will see what God shows over the next two weeks.
Had an odd happening this past week. Both the fan and the blinkers went out at the same time on my mustang. I checked the fuses, and they aren't connected. I'm going to have to take it somewhere. Electrical is so much fun.
Labels: Family
3 Comments:
I'm pretty sure everything from the old garage went into the new garage. I can't speak to where the books are specifically, but I think I remember moving some boxes of books into the corner behind the shelves.
By
Joel, at 1:59 PM
Thank you so much for those helpful directions. I'll go right out and find it.
By
Pastor Paul, at 9:31 AM
I guess that didn't narrow it down much, did it? Okay, if you're standing at the big garage door, it's in the back (houseward) corner on the right. And I think there were a couple of boxes of books behind where the piano was to go as well.
If you get downtown, I have a copy of Chesterton's Orthodoxy at the paper for you, or I'll see if I can run it by the house another time. Don't sweat returning it; it's my spare copy.
By
Joel, at 8:28 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home