Accomplishments
In the last three days, Shari and I have accomplished the following:
I have answered 29 essay questions for a job application. That took about 20 hours, including interruptions (of which there are many when you have four boys who love their daddy and don't understand why he's sitting in front of a computer all day, and yet won't let them play on it).
Shari answered four essay questions for the same job application. This was the second half.
Shari has succesfully finished (well, only a few more coats of polyurethane) painting our counter tops... and they look great!
Shari repainted all the trip on the house.
Shari and I painted a sizable chunk of our front and two sides of our house, including the front door.
I fixed the lawn mower (though I have no clue what was wrong, or what I did to make it work), and Michael and I mowed and weedeated ("weed-ate?") the lawn.
We have kept Benjamin and Matthew from using a variety of methods to hurt themselves. Alright, in Benjamin's case, we failed a few times. He actually escaped when Matthew, unknown to us, opened the door for him and he crossed the street barefoot. There are some nasty, thorny ground cover out there, and he found it the hard way. Shari and I spent about 15 min. picking the thorns out of his feet. But we did keep him from cutting himself when we broke another glass this evening. I think we have 1 or 2 left out of a set of 8 that we bought about a year ago. He's broke two in the last two months.
Well, between those jobs, and the daily living of homeschooling and keeping the house from falling around our ears, Shari and I are exhausted. Still, by God's grace, we have accomplished much, for which I am thankful. I'm also thankful I took two days vacation, or else it wouldn't have happened.
I was going to bed at nine tonight. It's 9:15 now, and I still have to shower. I also wanted to get one more post in. I think three in one night will have to do. How about 10:00? Praise God, He has given me the strength to stand.
I have answered 29 essay questions for a job application. That took about 20 hours, including interruptions (of which there are many when you have four boys who love their daddy and don't understand why he's sitting in front of a computer all day, and yet won't let them play on it).
Shari answered four essay questions for the same job application. This was the second half.
Shari has succesfully finished (well, only a few more coats of polyurethane) painting our counter tops... and they look great!
Shari repainted all the trip on the house.
Shari and I painted a sizable chunk of our front and two sides of our house, including the front door.
I fixed the lawn mower (though I have no clue what was wrong, or what I did to make it work), and Michael and I mowed and weedeated ("weed-ate?") the lawn.
We have kept Benjamin and Matthew from using a variety of methods to hurt themselves. Alright, in Benjamin's case, we failed a few times. He actually escaped when Matthew, unknown to us, opened the door for him and he crossed the street barefoot. There are some nasty, thorny ground cover out there, and he found it the hard way. Shari and I spent about 15 min. picking the thorns out of his feet. But we did keep him from cutting himself when we broke another glass this evening. I think we have 1 or 2 left out of a set of 8 that we bought about a year ago. He's broke two in the last two months.
Well, between those jobs, and the daily living of homeschooling and keeping the house from falling around our ears, Shari and I are exhausted. Still, by God's grace, we have accomplished much, for which I am thankful. I'm also thankful I took two days vacation, or else it wouldn't have happened.
I was going to bed at nine tonight. It's 9:15 now, and I still have to shower. I also wanted to get one more post in. I think three in one night will have to do. How about 10:00? Praise God, He has given me the strength to stand.
Labels: Family
1 Comments:
I really enjoy reading your blog-I do pop in every once. You and Sheri are doing a great job. Keep riding on the wings of YOUR FATHER. And I shall continue to lift you all in prayer-Shelly
By
Anonymous, at 11:01 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home