Site Meter

Paul's Thinking Place

Thursday, April 27, 2006

I don't want Him saying this to me.

In Mark 4, Jesus falls asleep as the disciples are rowing him across the lake. A storm comes and threatens to swamp the boat. Now, I have a general idea of the size of those boats. They weren't covered yachts. So, every time I read this story (being the oddball that I am), it begs the question in my head, "How in the world did Jesus sleep through all that?" He must have been extremely exhausted.
So the disciples wake Him up and He calms the storm. Then He gives a simple rebuke, "Why are you fearful? Do you still have no faith?" (Mark 4:40)
As I was praying and reading this passage yesterday, I heard Jesus say to me, "Must I ask you the same question?" I see a storm coming up over the horizon. Jesus, please fill me with the gift of faith and the fruit of the Spirit to trust you, even when the storm is raging and you seem to be asleep. Help me (How do you do that?) to trust you because you're in the boat with me. But, if you could, would you please allow this storm to pass by me. Yet not my will, but yours be done.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home