Site Meter

Paul's Thinking Place

Saturday, April 08, 2006

All boy!

Shari and I stayed up a bit late last night. I now have a much better understanding of peoples' addiction to the TV show, "24." We saw the very first episode last night just out of curiosity (What do people find so addictive about this TV show?") . Now we understand, and are wondering when we will find the time to watch the next episode... or two.
So, after staying up a bit late, we woke up slowly as the boys played around the house. I was checking out some games on our new computer (Scrabble is great) when we heard a loud THUD! Another bump, or a kid jumping off a stool. Matthew started crying. Again, not unusual. He came into our bedroom holding his head... and bleeding all of the place. That's unusual. The end result was a trip to the ER for three stitches and a little mouse that says great phrases, like, "Hold still! You're not breathing." and "Open wide and say, 'OooDaaaahh'." Seems he jumped off something (we were accurate there) and his forhead connected with the windowsill. What a great, adrenaline-rushed way to start the morning. I'm now ready for a noon-time nap. Breakfast was at 11:00.
So, now Matthew has had the following reasons to visit Urgent Care/ER (in whatever order I happen to remember them all): Broken leg, 2-3 elbow dislocations (all the same arm), stitches in the forehead, a dislocated shoulder, a 2nd-degree burn in the stomach from a stove burner, and a broken arm. If anybody can remember something I'm forgetting, please feel free to remind me. All of our boys combined haven't had the injuries Matthew has. Amazing. And that doesn't include the normal head bumps and such... which is what Benjamin has right now. Still, what stories he'll have to tell as he gets older. I remember growing up wishing (sort of) that I had stories about casts, hosptial stays, and the like. Thank you, Lord, for providing us with great insurance. It's only April, and I think our $1500 deductible is filled.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Hi Paul,
    I'm looking now so careful what you say about growing up!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:38 PM  

  • I think Matthew is an early bloomer! Travis is the only one of our boys to come close to his level and its taken him 12 years to rack up injuries including a compound fracture, stitches to the head (4x), knee (2x), broken pinky finger and broken foot...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home