Lots goin' on.
There has been a ton of stuff I have wanted to talk about, but I simply haven't made it happen here. So, instead, I simply get to mention it tonight. My hope is that, as I get better at this, I'll be able to post when I think about it, and when I feel like it, instead of trying to bring back thoughts that hit me three hours or more ago.
So, here are the highlights:
So, here are the highlights:
- My littlest brother just bought a house in Wenatchee, deciding not to go with the Border Patrol. Is this good or bad? I don't know. Is it what's best for him and his family? I worry about him, while at the same time wanting to get excited for him when he even makes little steps towards good decisions and solidifying our relationship.
- One of my best friends just lost his job. 24 hour notice, with 30 days to get out of the parsonage. They are giving the youth an opportunity to ask questions this Wed. What is it about church leadership (or Christians in general) that doesn't want to work things through? It's not a matter of why can't we all get along. It's not a matter of moral/sin issues. It's simply that there have been some difficult times in the church lately, and, instead of pursuing and dealing with conflict, it's easier for Christians just to bail - in this case, simply get rid of one of the potential (perceived) conflict causers. I'm thinking it's going to come back to bite them. So what's my role? As a friend, of course, I listen and pray, but, as a Christian leader in the community, who knows many of the leaders in that church, how should I respond? Keep quiet? Write letters to the leadership? Visit the deacon board leader? I don't know. What I do know is that I can't let this become an issue of bitterness and unforgiveness for me. I've got to give it to God and trust Him with the outcome... which is looking good other than the fact that my friend might be moving to Anacortes.
- I am busy recruiting for Bob's Island Getaway. We are looking to bring 25 students to this event. I'm getting excited about the event itself, and the potential, but I'm not trying real hard. I'm tired of pursuing students I don't know so that we can take them on this trip, then not do anything more with them because we're already overwhelmed with all the students we need to follow-up on and build relationship with. I want more students to hear the Gospel, but even Billy Graham knows that his crusades have a very small statistic of keeping people as Christians if follow-up doesn't work. Still, there are many students I'd like to see go. Less than 14 days.
- I spent part of Saturday working on my taxes. Woohoo! We are getting a great return. We'll be able to buy that computer we've wanted instead of borrowing one.
- I spent another part of Saturday mudding the windowsills of my house. I got a first coat on.
- Shari's got an awful cough. The boys are all pretty healthy at this point. Praise God for that.
- Thursday Matthew was at my office with the older two boys. He jumped off a couch. We can now add a very unusual (according to the orthopedic doctor) injury to his growing list (should I be proud that the list is growing, or feel guilty): A dislocated shoulder. He got four shots the next day at his four-year old well-child check-up. Rough two days for the poor kid.
- I haven't made much time to play with my boys this weekend. I feel bad about that. Michael is really wanting to play baseball with dad. Mark's wanting to play video games with dad, or read with him. Matthew's just wanting to be with dad. Dad is needing time to get out and play with the guys. A vacation is looking good.
Labels: Family, Friendship, Miscellaneous, Youth Ministry
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home