Stress... or am I just whining
A friend asked me how I'm doing at church this morning. I said lousy. He didn't hesitate to say he was feeling the same way. The number one reason: Stress. Then I talk to another friend, and I'm reminded of all the things they're going through, including health issues, and I wonder if my life is all that bad. Then I go home and share with my wife how little I got out of worship this morning because I couldn't think of anything else besides our auction and all I still had to do for it. Then she shares with me how she's feeling physically, and I'm reminded of all she's been through this week, including a CAT scan because of a serious sinus headache (results from the scan were negative, which is good... except we still don't know the cause of the headaches). These headaches this week not only sent her to the doctor, but have brought her to tears a few times this week. I'm whining about how things are not easy at work, but at least my health is good, and I'm not being kept awake by pain. So, all that to say that, yes, life is difficult right now, but God keeps reminding me (though I'm slow to adjust my thinking and trust him), that not only could it be worse, but that He's still in control. So, for those few who read this, I would ask: Would you please pray that we would a) get people to our fund raising auction on Feb. 10, and b) pull together all the details needed to make it a huge success. One item adding to the stress: I will be gone almost all week this week at a staff retreat. Yet I'm reminded that God knows, and none of this is a surprise to him. God is good, all the time. Help, please God!
1 Comments:
I feel terrible. I saw and talked with Shari twice this past week. I was so wrapped up in talking about me and what I am going through that I never even bothered to ask how she was or what I could pray for her about.
Thanks for making me face, yet again, my utter human depravity. Tell Shari I'm praying for her.
By
Deeapaulitan, at 6:01 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home