Remembering The Imperials
"When you're up against a struggle
That shatters all your dreams;
When your hopes have been cruelly crushed
By Satan's manifested schemes;
When you feel the urge within you
To submit to earthly fears;
Don't let let the faith you're standing in
Seem to disappear.
Just praise the Lord.
He can work through those who praise Him.
Praise the Lord,
For our God inhabits praise.
Praise the Lord,
For the chains that seem to bind you
Serve only to remind you
That they drop powerless behind you
When you praise Him."
As peformed by the Imperials and written by Mike Hudson and Brown Bannister. Click here for one album among many I could find that has this original recording. Still, I couldn't find the actual original album it came out on by the Imperials.
I spent three days at a staff retreat this past week. During that time, we had several times of worship. God used those times to bring some healing, strength, and encouragement to my soul. Today He did so again as we worshipped God at church. It wasn't just that we were worshipping Him, but the truth that was proclaimed through the songs that I needed to be reminded of. God is so good, so patient, and so faithful, even when we are faithless (II Tim. 2: 13). Thanks to those who have been praying. The needs are still there, but God has rejuvenated my heart through worshipping Him. Isn't it weird that when we focus on Him instead of on our stuff, that is when we receive the most healing, encouragement, and strength, not when we simply keep crying out to Him... though, I must say, He's gracious enough to strengthen us during those times, too. Thank you, God, for not only being patient with me when I have to relearn something (I listened to and practiced the words of that song back in the early 80's), but also when I don't trust you, though I know I should. God, you are wonderful.
That shatters all your dreams;
When your hopes have been cruelly crushed
By Satan's manifested schemes;
When you feel the urge within you
To submit to earthly fears;
Don't let let the faith you're standing in
Seem to disappear.
Just praise the Lord.
He can work through those who praise Him.
Praise the Lord,
For our God inhabits praise.
Praise the Lord,
For the chains that seem to bind you
Serve only to remind you
That they drop powerless behind you
When you praise Him."
As peformed by the Imperials and written by Mike Hudson and Brown Bannister. Click here for one album among many I could find that has this original recording. Still, I couldn't find the actual original album it came out on by the Imperials.
I spent three days at a staff retreat this past week. During that time, we had several times of worship. God used those times to bring some healing, strength, and encouragement to my soul. Today He did so again as we worshipped God at church. It wasn't just that we were worshipping Him, but the truth that was proclaimed through the songs that I needed to be reminded of. God is so good, so patient, and so faithful, even when we are faithless (II Tim. 2: 13). Thanks to those who have been praying. The needs are still there, but God has rejuvenated my heart through worshipping Him. Isn't it weird that when we focus on Him instead of on our stuff, that is when we receive the most healing, encouragement, and strength, not when we simply keep crying out to Him... though, I must say, He's gracious enough to strengthen us during those times, too. Thank you, God, for not only being patient with me when I have to relearn something (I listened to and practiced the words of that song back in the early 80's), but also when I don't trust you, though I know I should. God, you are wonderful.
Labels: Personal
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home