Site Meter

Paul's Thinking Place

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Being with My Family

This weekend has been wonderful. Yesterday I spent the weekend with my dad for his birthday. Well, actually, my brother, mom, sister-in-law, and a nephew and niece, along with my family, were there, too, but we were there to celebrate dad's 56th birthday together, so I was with my dad. It was wonderful to simply be with him, with no expectations, or feeling like I had to accomplish something in order to make him happy. He was simply glad to have me there, and I was simply glad to be able to be with him. It was almost as restful for me as it was for him.
Then today I got to spend some great time with my boys. I took Michael to the batting cages. That was fun for both of us. I enjoyed simply watching Michael enjoy himself. He so enjoys playing hard, especially sports. Then I came home and spent time reading to Mark, wrestling with Matthew, and feeding Benjamin popcorn while Shari was having some alone time with an acquaintance from church. It was a great day just to be with my boys. Thank you, God, for times like this weekend, where I don't exist for something, but I simply am, and I can "be" with my family. It is a good gift. I'm looking forward to spending next Sunday with both friends and family as we watch the SuperBowl. At least Michael is looking forward to it. :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home